Résumé - Tom Sleckman
- Technical Lead, DBA or Senior Developer role.
- Contract, project-term or consulting positions in San Francisco Bay area, or via telecommute.
- Challenging Intranet/Internet database application development projects.
- Database or system administration, web-server configuration
- SQL, triggers, views, stored procedures coding.
- Member of enthusiastic, collaborative and multi-disciplinary team.
- Stimulating, innovative, informal and fun work environment.
- Opportunities for on-going professional education.
- Software coding, testing, analysis, and design.
- Fluency in several languages including C/C++, COBOL, Perl5, Python, SAS, Visual Basic
- Database design: entity relationship, logical/physical, process modeling; CASE tools.
- Relational database analysis/programming against Sybase, Informix, DB2, mySQL, legacy, etc.
- SQL data definition, retrieval and manipulation; Coding of stored procedures, triggers, views.
- Cross-platform client/server application development on Macintosh/Windows.
- 4GL integrated development environments (e.g. Omnis7, 4th
- FTP and HTTP server installation (Apache, IIS. Mac-Httpd, 4D Server)
- IBM mainframe legacy skills (IMS DB/DC, VSAM, TSO, IDCAMS).
- Familiarity with Macintosh , DOS, Win3.x, Win9x, WinNT, IBM/MVS, Solaris, OS X, and various Unix platforms.
- Solaris; cron; mailx; bourne, korn, c-shell scripting, regular expressions, sed, awk
- Technical and user documentation, source control (sccs, cvs).
- End-user and developer training.
- Quality control and assurance.
- Industries include: pharmaceutical (clinical trials); healthcare, leasing, banking, telecommunications, manufacturing.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience as computer programmer and systems developer (20+ years).
- Major contributor to many system application development projects.
- Fluent in object-oriented methodologies, relational database design, client-server architecture.
- Skilled in quality assuance method, testing, project mamangement, software metrics
- Familiarity with all phases of software development life-cycle (RAD).
- System administration and database administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Innovative, creative, detail-oriented.